The Cate's Chemist COVID-19 range offers a wide variety of products such as hand sanitiser, anti-bacterial wipes, masks, thermometers, surface sprays, and gloves from trusted brands such as Dettol, Isocol and Glen 20.
We stock surgical masks, P2/N95 equivalents and reusable masks. Surgical masks are good for ad-hoc requirements and are useful to keep one or two in a zip lock bag in your handbag or car. If the Public Health Units ask us to wear masks, it can quickly become economical to use to cloth, washable, reusable masks. Ideally, these have three layers of washable cloth. Ask your pharmacists about our P2/N95 equivalent masks - they have a very specific purpose that is not usually applicable to community use for prevention of COVID.
- dry cough
- aches and pains
- sore throat
- loss of taste or smell
- a rash on skin, or discolouration of fingers or toes
- Stay home if you are sick
- If you have any COVID-19 symptoms, no matter how mild, get tested
- Stay 1.5 metres away from other people—think two big steps
- Wash your hands lots with soap and water, or hand sanitiser
- Sneeze or cough into your arm or a tissue. Then put the tissue in the bin
- Wear a face mask when you are not able to keep 1.5 metres away from other people or whenever mandatory face masks are required.
- Go near people if you are coughing or sneezing
- Touch your mouth, nose and eyes
- Shake hands
- Hug or kiss people.
Some people are more likely to get really sick with COVID-19. As restrictions continue to ease in Queensland, people still need to take extra steps to protect themselves and those most at risk. Those at greatest risk are:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and people in remote communities
- Older people
- People with chronic conditions
- People in aged care facilities
- People with disability